"Continue The Lion King" Petition

TLK 4

« Older   Newer »

The Blu Lion

Group
    Regina

Status
    Guardate che cosa ho trovato! incuriosita dal titolo ho deciso di pubblicare qui questo lungo articolo e se qualcuno sa l'inglese se fosse così gentile da spiegare che dice sarebbe un bel regalo :3
    Ecco qui...
    --------
    7/29/2008 - "Continue The Lion King" Petition
    I've already endorsed the petition to release The Lion King: The Complete Score as an official Disney product, and I hope visitors to the site still sign that one if they're as interested in seeing that as I am.

However, there's a new petition being circulated, one which encourages Disney to produce a fourth Lion King movie:

http://www.petitiononline.com/lionking/petition.html

There are already more signatures for this signature than the soundtrack petition ever accumulated. Clearly there is some interest in seeing Disney produce more movies in this series. And even though John Lasseter, Disney's new chief creative officer imported from Pixar, has instituted a policy of avoiding the cheaply made direct-to-video sequels that have tarnished Disney's reputation for quality in the past, I think that under the right circumstances the TLK universe could benefit from another installment.

This is not something I say lightly. I was never much of a fan of TLK 2: Simba's Pride; I thought it was poorly conceived and poorly executed, with lackluster animation and an unimaginative, tawdry story—but more importantly (and more subtly), I thought it detracted from the unity and epic timelessness of the original movie by being a mere "continuation". There's a scene in the Kathleen Turner/Michael Douglas movie Jewel of the Nile where Joan Wilders, a romance novel author, is talking with her publisher, who has to admonish her that she can't keep confusing real life with a romantic novel—when your characters ride off into the sunset, that's The End. There is no "next morning", when the sun comes up and the characters have to make breakfast and go to work and argue over paying bills. Joan keeps falling prey to the urge to imagine what comes next, but her publisher knows that doing so ruins the story she's just told. And I feel it's the same deal with TLK: it starts and ends with the big "BOOM" of the title splash and the "Circle of Life" song, and that really ought to have been The End. "Simba's Pride" just told us that it wasn't epic after all, and there was a "next day" and a next and a next, with more and more generations of cardboard lion royalty that argue and fight and sing songs about Upendi, which to me deflates all the magic and majesty of the original.

On the other hand, I actually loved TLK 1 1/2, because it was precisely the kind of "sequel" that I did think would work with TLK: more of a parody than a continuation, something that kept the original story intact but looked at it through a cockeyed, tongue-in-cheek, yet affectionate way. The very fact that it was imagined in such a silly manner just made the original's epic scale all the more apparent by the explicit comparison it invited. Plus it was just plain fun, and better animated than TLK 2 to boot. The silhouetted theater scene at the end with all the gathered Disney characters was like one giant cast-and-crew screening of Disney's greatest achievement, and the retrospective "Digga Tunnah Dance" song over the credits gave the whole thing a feel of being sort of a wrap party, a celebration of the original. Nothing like the workmanlike, linear inevitability of TLK 2, which just felt like a preview of ever more mundane and tedious sequels to come. Small wonder, to me, that TLK 1 1/2 never even acknowledged TLK 2's existence.

Now, a lot of whether another sequel would be a storytelling and financial success depends on how it's framed. For instance, a prequel showing the lives of Mufasa and Scar before the events of the original movie has potential. Prequels are tricky things to do—as the Star Wars films proved, it's very difficult to present an engaging and surprising story when you already know how it turns out. But on the other hand you're working with characters you already know, rather than having to invent new ones to get the audience interested in; and unlike with Star Wars, there's no implausibility in asserting that all these well-known characters knew each other way back when. After all, in the case of TLK, they did.

In short, if there's to be another sequel, I'd want it to feel necessary from a storytelling standpoint to create it, a key part of the story that deserves to be realized—not something they did just because they couldn't come up with any better ideas.

Finally, I should point out carefully that signing a petition does nothing to legally bind Disney to sink millions of dollars into the business investment that is a new movie project. We all must keep in mind that every movie Disney creates—whether a theatrical blockbuster or a direct-to-video cheapquel, whether 3D, 2D, or live-action—is a fresh business venture that has to be carefully studied and approved from within the company. You can be sure that the subject of doing another sequel to the biggest cash cow in Disney's modern history is something that comes up in board meetings every other week; this isn't some brilliant new idea that nobody has thought to suggest to management before. Disney is constantly brainstorming story ideas of which we have no idea, and for every one that gets green-lit, dozens lie on the boardroom floor. The fact that no TLK 4 in in the works tells us that Disney has evaluated the proposal—probably numerous times—and determined that the potential rewards wouldn't be worth the investment. What's more, there are legal issues surrounding any story ideas that Disney uses from outside its walls; it has enough sidelong scrutiny from fans of Osamu Tezuka's Kimba/Jungle Emperor Leo and Richard Williams' The Thief and the Cobbler without having to worry about what happens if they use a story idea suggested by some fans in public and then don't mention where they got the idea in the credits and pay the originators a hefty sum. That's why Disney's official policy is to return unopened any unsolicited script or screenplay sent to them: they can't legally afford to even look at it without compromising their plausible deniability.

Disney has to make the decision to produce another Lion King sequel on its own. A petition can give them a sense for how well it would do in the marketplace; but that's about it. We shouldn't get our hopes up. There is a lot of internal resistance to the idea of pillaging the TLK war chest once more—potentially reducing the impact and value of the original in the interest of the short-term gains to be had from another sequel—and the Disney management under Lasseter might be dead set against it, in which case we have to accept that reality.

Yet a fan petition got Family Guy reinstated, so who knows?

That URL again:

http://www.petitiononline.com/lionking/petition.html

-----------

2. *Lady_Angel*

User deleted

E' molto lungo...sentite, io cerco di tradurlo nel minor tempo possibile (cosiderato che inizio il liceo sarà un ottimo allenamento ^^) e poi posto la traduzione

3. Selene!

User deleted

All'inizio dice che dopo la petizione della completa colonna sonora, e questa è una petizione per incoraggiare la disney a fare un quarto film del re leone.
    Nella pagina della petizione c'è appunto scritto che si firma per dimostrare alla disney che fare un altro film del re leone non sarebbe una perdita.

Non ho capito molto del pezzo dopo...

A mio parere se andasse a buon fine sarebbe splendido! Solo che ormai la vedo dura...Al massimo avremo TLK4 in 3D xD

The Blu Lion

Group
    Regina

Status
    CITAZIONE (Selene! @ 15/9/2009, 18:28)
    All'inizio dice che dopo la petizione della completa colonna sonora, e questa è una petizione per incoraggiare la disney a fare un quarto film del re leone.
    Nella pagina della petizione c'è appunto scritto che si firma per dimostrare alla disney che fare un altro film del re leone non sarebbe una perdita.

Non ho capito molto del pezzo dopo...

A mio parere se andasse a buon fine sarebbe splendido! Solo che ormai la vedo dura...Al massimo avremo TLK4 in 3D xD

Ovvio che non sarebbe una perdita, ma vallo a dire a quelli della Disney =__=" non capiscono che è stra pieno di Fan de Il Re Leone sparsi per il mondo?! sono tantissii e aumentano con l'avanzare del tempo. Si è creato un vero Universo de Il Re Leone :D
    Ragazzi! dobbiamo firmare anche noi la petizione e fare il modo che la Disney realizzi per noi un quarto film dedicato al nostro film preferito!! :D

Aspettiamo la traduzione comunque ;3 sono curiosa x3

5. titanik1

User deleted

sono d'accordooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Re Leone

Group
    Fan
    Pixar Animation Studios (Emeryville, California)

Status
    Anonymous
    sono d'accordoanche io!! voglio il re leone 4!!! :D :D :D

7. TheNewTimon&PumbaaFan

User deleted

TLK 4 TLK4 TLK4 TLK4 TLK4 TLK4 TLK4 mi sono spiegato?

8. .:LaLeonessa:.96:.

User deleted

Sisisisì assolutamente Sì il TLK4 ci dedeve essere!

9. Kopa&Kovu

User deleted

Se lo volete ditelo alla disney che ha comprato la marvel ora .-. No dai skerzavo anche io lo voglio Tlk4 Tlk4Tlk4Tlk4Tlk4Tlk4Tlk4Tlk4Tlk4Tlk4Tlk4Tlk4Tlk4Tlk4Tlk4 XD

10. SimbasCrazyFan

User deleted

VOGLIO IL TLK 4OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

11. Dalamar89

User deleted

Non sono sicura di volere un quarto Lion King... già il terzo era abbastanza una cretinata, e poi si è visto che i disegni e i colori cambiano da film a film, con un altro sequel si andrebbe di male in peggio. E poi non voglio vedermi Simba in casa di riposo o addirittura morto >__< Se fosse un midquel (serio magari, non come il 3) fatto bene mi piacerebbe anche, ma un sequel proprio no.
    La cosa più bella sarebbe un prequel *_* con Mufasa e Taka cuccioli

The Blu Lion

Group
    Regina

Status
    CITAZIONE (Dalamar89 @ 16/9/2009, 17:34)
    Non sono sicura di volere un quarto Lion King... già il terzo era abbastanza una cretinata, e poi si è visto che i disegni e i colori cambiano da film a film, con un altro sequel si andrebbe di male in peggio. E poi non voglio vedermi Simba in casa di riposo o addirittura morto >__< Se fosse un midquel (serio magari, non come il 3) fatto bene mi piacerebbe anche, ma un sequel proprio no.
    La cosa più bella sarebbe un prequel *_* con Mufasa e Taka cuccioli

Per il terzo film la Disney non è stata molto furba a dedicare un film a Timon e a Pumbaa: credono che siano le vere star della serie quando invece i fan acclamano i nostri leoni preferiti!! <333 anche la serie di Timon e Pumbaa è abbastanza strana... non potevano dedicare una serie a Simba come hanno fatto con altre serie TV Disneyane?? (tipo Aladin o la Sirenetta)
    Secondo me il terzo film è fedele al primo sia come disegni che come colori.
    Se devo scegliere come vorrei un 4° film dedicato a Il Re Leone... mi piacerebbe vedere un'avventura ambientata nel periodo dell'infanzia di Simba (nella giungla tipo) oppure una storia ambientata nel periodo della rinascita del regno di Simba dopo la battaglia con Scar. Preferisco una avventura apparte che non s'immischi alla trana che un seguel: ho paura che rovineranno la magia del primo Re Leone come hanno fatto realizando Il Re Leone 2.

13. _LeOn_

User deleted

Nonostante tutto sarebbe fantastico!!! :lol: Insomma, normalmente non mi piacerebbe visto che c'è una trilogia completa, ma stiamo parlando del Re Leone, e ci sono tantissimi fan in tutto il mondo che ancora oggi lo acclamano e ci fanno fan art e fan fiction di tutti i tipi!! :lol: Quindi anche a me, per questo, piacerebbe anche un quarto film (l'hanno fatto anche con Indiana Jones! :lol: ), però che non sia ambientato dopo la fine del Re Leone 2, che rovinerebbe la magia, io quoto Squiddi e Dalamar: un prequel oppure un midquel, con Simba giovane, o Simba appena diventato re, oppure Mufasa, Rafiki e Taka! :lol:

14. Dozzolo

User deleted

perchè discriminare timon e pumbaa?! poverini!! sono simpatici e secondo me il terzo film è stato megliore del secondo, cmq anche io sarei felice di un 4 film, magari anche riprendendo i personaggi del re leone ma con una trama nuova. (sempre fatti in grafica 2D si intende!)

15. Kopa91

User deleted

che bello il re leone 4!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

ehehe scommetto che sarà un successone! Anche se,come molti pensano,sarà a tutti i costi un prequel... penso perlopiù magari per far luce a quesiti come Ahadi o il padre di Nala. Oppure sara una storia parallela al 2,con protagonista Kopa e le sue avventure...

Io logicamente spero la seconda ipotesi XD

36 replies since 15/9/2009, 17:17   879 views